Do Your Bit To Help The Scaffolders Forum Grow! (3 Viewers)

Does any1 know if you need a separate scaffolding card to erect genlok scaffolding,I'm an advanced scaffolder in tubes and fittings..cheers

There is a cuplock system add-on but tbh if you've got your t&f card you shouldn't need to prove competency with cuplock IMO.

Cheers stonedrose..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alrite Stella fella..

Does any1 know if you need a separate scaffolding card to erect genlok scaffolding,I'm an advanced scaffolder in tubes and fittings..cheers

Unfortunately, you do. We did the Genlok training although this has now been changed to any cup type system. Either way, you need an additional endorsement on your card although there seems to be very few asking for them.

Cheers aom..a did it last weekend..lend lease are asking for it for all there jobs..the only 1s in Scotland wanting you to do it..another money spinner m8..never taught me anything I didn't know already..lol..

That's the first I've heard looking for it. It must have been well over 2 years ago we did ours. Did you do it through Generation?

Aye m8..we had to go to generations yard..the company am working for paid £520 a man..

Just a money spinner..lol..

Yeah, I suppose it is but I actually was surprised by exactly how much of the part 1 stuff I had forgotten and caught a few out on here with a couple of questions that caused much scratching of heads.

Incidentally, you don't have to do a specific manufacturers course anymore, any cup system could of been done. My card is endorsed by genlok but yours will just say cup type.

you don't need the card as its only guidance and doing it your actually becoming part of the problem,,,,,,,layher do a roof called keder xl which becauseits not on there course yet you are permitted to put it upvia the booklet provided......why.....because its that fookin basic,,,,booklets to read are all that's needed anything else is just moneyspinning and scaremongering,grow some balls and stand up against this ridiculous cash generator !!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Ffs Joe, calm doon. :laugh:

It is a requirement and you better enjoy doing these temp roof jobs of a booklet as layher are going to be the first to put a stop to that when they bring out their advanced system ticket.

A wis talking to a lyndons supervisor and he said sooner or later he was going to put all there boys through it..as your man said it is a money spinner and it's the scaffs that get shafted again..a said to them remember the yelly jelly system card..we didn't even use it..lol..

I'm not sure Andy, as far as I know, you will be the first group to go through the training in Glasgow since we did it 2 years ago.

They're all the same as the original SGB cuplock, they're only called gen-lock, trad-lock or whatever as when the patent expired after twenty years anyone was free to manufacture it. If you're a scaffolder then you should be able to build it.
There's a snowball's chance in hell that I'll ever pay to put any of these add-ons onto my card.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

A wis talking to a lyndons supervisor and he said sooner or later he was going to put all there boys through it..as your man said it is a money spinner and it's the scaffs that get shafted again..a said to them remember the yelly jelly system card..we didn't even use it..lol..

Who were you talking to from Lyndon Andy? I've worked for them a couple of times.

Big frannie..

Frank, an older guy? Used to work for Palmers? He just started last year on the Hydro if its who I'm thinking of. Can't mind his surname.

Top Bottom