What Impact Wrench do you Use? (1 Viewer)

Paul

I alway had faith in the I M ever since 1998---its been a hard sell my Freind, however, your Orginisation embraced the concept from the out set, nevertheless, there may be still room for improvement, Ergonomics, Trickle Battery Charge ???, any thoughts ???, however, due to your Postings of the I W in operation this will dispell any non-beleivers in its attributes...

Garry...

Looks good to me RV and your first youtube post was what convinced me to give them a go.

Another thing, that is a fair size of mansard roof, I take it you were not allowed to hit it? Looked like a lot of steel above to support all that.

Has anyone had negative responces from HSE, NASC and or Principal Contractors ???.

Gave one of the boys a shot of mine to do his advanced and the instructor tried to take it off him but after he saw it in action he let him carry on. Not sure how the class mates felt about having to listen to it all day inside that big shed though.

Alistair

Looks like the Trainer has accepted the I W Method of application ???

I wonder if the other Training Facilities will allow this practice ???

Garry...

Mmm, not sure given the information from Steveo today regarding hand arm vibration. I'm hoping he has mis calculated or fallen into the health and safety trap but I for one will not give up this tool easily.

Alistair

I did have concerns regarding vibration white finger and Tinnitus, however, Manufacturers have utilized new products and materials to suppress vibration to a practicable as possible, Tinnitus and noise levels can be controlled my PPE.

Other Trades over come these problems why cant we ???

It about time that the Powers that be voice their opinion one way or another, at the very least join in the discussions...

Garry...

my Mak gave up yesterday after 18months of daily use it decided not to play anymore:(:(
went to a makita agent this morning and got a pair of new brushes...fitted really easy ...back to the noise and white finger lololo happy days:D:D

John

This is an Impact Wrench not a budgie :nuts:

And theres nothing sucks seed more that a toothless budgie :eek:

A Document From Red Viking...

Scaffolders

MAKITA HAVS

Red Viking has donated a Document for dissemination to all that are interested in viewing the Document Makita HAVS please PM me and I shall send a copy.

The Document exceeds the Forum Limit of 97.7 KB and therefore cannot be attached to the Post---the Document is 485.8 KG in size and I it is in Zip File form...

Garry...

Got it Gary, thanks for that.

I thought I recognised the wording on that talk.;)

For the benefit of the thicko's like me, I take it steve was right if the guy is assuming 2 hours a day use. That would cover a build but wouldn't last more than half a shift on a big strike if we are saying a battery is equivalent to a single hours use?

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

I said cheap, not cheep cheep.:nuts:
Come on we are all bandits, (not the ar$e types), give an old soldier a discount!!!!!

Welcome to the future John, you are going to like it.

Iv Only Just Bought A Priory Bi Hex,So Come Back Later About Impact Wrenches.

Had my hilti two weeks now, still feel a bit clumsy wen adjusting fittings to level, but on the whole lovin it. 2 battery's last the day, especially when using 2 together. Stripping jobs so much easier and quicker. All site agents don't mind us using them so far no problems there. Still use spanner. Got my pouch from screw fix £4.99 for drll, takes a bit of getting used to but think I'm there now. Definatly the future in my eyes

Serious question Dan.
Do you hit the tube with the Impact Wrench to take the belly out the tube , or to plumb a standard like you would with a spannner ?

Top Bottom