Advanced Scaffolders System Training (2 Viewers)

If there is an accident first thing they will pull will be the tag and squad that erected it if not trained in that system your up sh*t creek it's just like Joe bloggs erecting tube and fitting job.

Just for information at this moment in time there is no Advanced Course in system scaffold. Just Part one and two.

Advanced scaffolders can do the two day SSPTS to update their knowledge and card but thats it for now.

IF

a part one and two lol didnt know there was that much to learn when screwing jacks,my god a bet the advance is not far behind.

stands for ian fyall one of the gaffers

a part one and two lol didnt know there was that much to learn when screwing jacks,my god a bet the advance is not far behind.

One of the boys in our firm was sent on his Part 2 in Kwikstage by accident.
I felt it was a complete waste of money. He'd have been better off doing it in T+F like everyone else and then getting the endorsement

PREDICTION,regarding thread about system scaffold, i totally agree that a guy with yrs of experience and a advanced card should have no need to do a course on system scaffold,i was in the industry for a lot of yrs when system scaffold did creep in we where expected to erect it regardless,no need to go on course (CRITERIA) being if you can erect t/f you should be able to erect system,but now you only have to travel around the uk and more and more system is going up in street work,pound to a penny ,soon any tom ****&harry will be going on a system 5 day course and companies are going to employ them because they will be cheaper than a guy with a geniune card and experience,it happens.

The thing is no cards no job

thats the way scaffolding going

it's to cover everyones back

thens it,s easy to point blame if things go wrong

i nearly got a full deck of cards in 33 years

its allways been no card no job ,be it CEU/TGW/THEN CITB/EVEN HAD DOUBLE BARRELED CARDS IN CASE YOU WANTED TO GO ON EITHER CEU OR TGW SITE

Hmm... Turns out that apparently on some sites your able to erect System Scaffolding if you have no tickets/qualification in that System as long as someone in your gang has the ticket and 'supervises' you...
Even if that person has no actual proper scaffolding experience what so ever.

I might get 25 - £3 per hour Indians over from wherever and get them to slap up some serious square-age as long as i sit in my car and occasionally look out the window to make sure the scaffold aint fallen over, pay them peanuts and take the rest for myself. :toung:

Health and Safety ---> You gotta love how much total ******** it is sometimes eh?

I think no need any training required after taking Construction Industry Scaffolders Record Scheme (CISRS).

Well while you have "you know who" telling construction companies only to used @@@@ registered companies the training body that shares the same address are going to keep forcing more training and cost on the scaffold companies. Time to pull your heads out the sand and realise that @@@@ are only interested in lifting their own profile and are becoming ever more powerful. Drop them now or things are only going to get worse.

Fill in the @@@@ yourselves :D

Well while you have "you know who" telling construction companies only to used @@@@ registered companies the training body that shares the same address are going to keep forcing more training and cost on the scaffold companies. Time to pull your heads out the sand and realise that @@@@ are only interested in lifting their own profile and are becoming ever more powerful. Drop them now or things are only going to get worse.

Why would any business NOT want to raise their profile and put themselves in a strong market position?

Why would any business NOT want to raise their profile and put themselves in a strong market position?

Why would you want a business representing the scaffolding industry??? what it needs is a not for profit trade body

Well my question is should an CISRS advanced scaffolder have to go on more training course to erected system scaffolds.

What is your view.

defo have been on some jobs where guys are lost with system as there is alot you can do with it if properly trained in doing so but also just another money making scam for the training board
:noworry:

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Well my question is should an CISRS advanced scaffolder have to go on more training course to erected system scaffolds.

What is your view.

hey if your not trained and got card you shouldnt be using it by law dont get caught out !!!!

Top Bottom