Personel, Ledgends (3 Viewers)

hi Bob
Don,t know how old this post is but Terry (yorkie )York came out of Pimlico last I heard he was a black cabbie I remember the billy the walrus you are thinking about on LMS but different billy As for stewart gear I must have taken a wrong turning somewhere but we ended up back together working out of Bolton for a firm called Bolton scaffolding back in the eighties he was living up there we worked all week in the rain for £80 happy days last I heard he was a working mans club stewart anyway more stories later...Lapta

Hi guys looking to get hold of frankie boy
Mason . Pat lakey . Ray spearing . Nobby Clark
Ginger Curtis . Would like to let this guy
No that my brother tommy hayes has passed away
On Thursday . Also my cousin Steve hayes
Passed away as well two weeks ago
If any one knows any of the boys pls let me
Know thanks Sean hayes

Sean sorry to tell you fella but Frankie Mason is gone to the yard in the sky , he had a massive heart attack a few years back , I worked with him on Trads in the 80s One funny fella was mad Frankie RIP

Hi Tony, Its Terry, the Major. Did not know you used this forum! I psted in this blog about old time legends that I worked with at LMS, among others. Cheers mate!

Freddy Reynolds is he still going I'm 71 and still out their

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are a proper old school scaffolder Pat ,
The story's I have heard about you mate :laugh::laugh:
Fellas like yourself just don't exist these days
SGB only became the firm they once where because of lads like yourself

The game is nothing like it used to be I'm still goin how is business u busy

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Fellas do exist mate fella called Chris Tobin excellent scaffolder and only young had him with me now he's doin well u probly see him about big lad tattoo on face lives in feltham

Patsy, I remember you back in the 80s, I worked on Access out of Dalston with Guy Punnet, one of the very few black scaffs back then. He was quite a good cradle hand, and old Les.

I also worked with Frankie Mason, great scaff, nutty as a fruit cake, loved to get his kit off. Glad to hear that you are still going strong mate.

TB

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Hey Sean,

Sorry to hear about Tommy, hows the old man and the rest of the nutty hayes clan? Great memories mate. RIP Tom all the best geez.

TonyB

Last edited:
Hey mate,

All good thanks, Im living in Canada now, been here just over three years, still in the game, fortunately not on the tools. I left the UK in 1990, went to live in South Africa then became an expat for many years.

Hopefully this is our final destination, getting tired of moving and we really like it here.

I have been back over the years many times, its very sad to see how things have changed, I think on the safety side it needed it, but the characters and the crack have fallen along the wayside.

I still chat to some of the guys that are still around over there, the late 70s & 80s were great and those who were about have a thousand stories to tell about the scaffs and that they put up, or not?? fantastic memories.

What are you up to these days, you look well for 71 mate.

Keep in touch, let me know how things are with you?

All the best
TonyB

Top Bottom