CISRS has announced that from 01 June 2017 New Mandatory Requirement For Scaff's

I think we just need to boycott it. If nobody has it they can't ask for it but I'm sure you will get a few that will think it will get them more work

@ Derryscaff…how things with ya ???

Boycot won't work…mercenary Scaffs will have no choice and those who are fortunate to have a long term employer will have to attend…

If the Scaffolders Rate reflected the level of professionalism attained then these Courses could be absorbed or clawed back…

Which ever way looks like a FIGHT :eek:

It would be a hard fight Garry from a HR point of view. But I think there is scope there as there is no actual requirement to have a cisrs card. Proof of competence can be proved by in house training . We've just seen a referendum getting rid of EU ******** maybe we should keep thd ball rolling and **** these nasc **** off

All good Garry hope your doing well
Two main parts to our job scaffolding itself and haulage. Both seem to be getting targeted with new regs from vosa and nasc.
It seems to me they just want the big boys and make it impossible for smaller outfits to operate

@ DD

Yes the answer is in the HaSaWA…

I know that two of the big 3 Service Coz in Aberdeen are non NASC Member and have had in place for some time an extensive Training Program for their Scaffolders…well beyond NASC Recommendations in-house Training, they certainly having a good look at this one…

There are many on this Forum who have set-up Scaffold Training Programs in various Global Locations which either match or better CISRS Training…CISRS is not the be all and end all ( the King has no cloths on, comes to mind )...

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Hi G

Ye Im doing just fine thanks, been looking at a JV with a Malaysian M8 of mine
he wants to set up a Training Centre in Brunei, been talking to International CITB…keeps me on my toes during my semi-retirement PMSL…

Aye, G…this Training thing is aimed at the Big Boys with the Big wallets…

Hows your Scaffolding Operations going ???

Garry, I would expect HSE to re-iterate the stance that a person must be competent to carry out their duties. So I my opinion CISRS are exploiting the whole situation.
The employer has this responsibility!
As we well know competency in the UK oil & Gas is alraedy to a very high standard & probably OTT.
The U.K. Offshore industry do not intend taking this lying down, watch this space!

Hi T…hope you fit and well ???

Has the H&S Executive delegated part or parts of their Duties to NASC/CISRS Training…

The Oil and Gas Service Coz are not obliged to dance to the NASC/CISRS tune, however, Cape will have to tow the line and swallow it…unless they make a challenge...

Watch this place = ECITB perhaps ??? to include generic W@H, Harness ect ect ect…

If all Employers were to exercise their Duty to Inform, Instruct and Supervise there would be no need for extracurricular Training…the H&S Executive should be monitoring Employers to assist them to comply to their Statuary Requirements…perhaps a non-bias party should be involved ???

Last edited:
Top Bottom