Getting clients to pay on time

We were lucky with the rok one,got paid about 20k right before the callopse phew,how have you lads with riskdisc found them and what do they cost?

this is the worst i have known it for getting the money in. Now getting one of them card machines, so any new customer or people with out a account can pay up front or go someone else. Had it with do jobs chaseing the money, used to think when a new customer phone for a job to be done lovely new customer, now all i think is well who have they knock before call us.

We were lucky with the rok one,got paid about 20k right before the callopse phew,how have you lads with riskdisc found them and what do they cost?

Can't tell you off the top of my head the cost BF but it is useful. We are struggling at the moment with one contractor who seems to run their firm on the bare bones all the time. Now to me, the information is telling me they are going to go bang, the fact they want me to rattle up loads and loads of scaffolds before a valuation tells me the same. The fact I'm withholding labour, and only giving them so many at a time as they are cr@p at paying and the only way they are going to pay Januaries invoice's is if I scaffold the remainder of the jobs tells me the same. We talked to Riskdisk, they talked us through exactly what the information we are getting means, which was really helpful and I can't thank them enough. what it meant was they too reckon they will eventually go to the wall. Basically, a fekin nightmare.

As for price, give them a call see what you think. I think I gave them a couple of clients names and they sent me a report on their current status to see how I felt about it.

We insure our invoices against companies going broke, costs a bit but we a have a few reasonable sized jobs and could nt afford the loss.

Dun and Bradstreet is the other way, nasty bunch but they always get the money back for you, for a percentage of the debt.

The only people (touch wood) I've had problems with paying is my so called mates,It's as though they think I don't need paying,the worse one is a mate I drunk with for about 10 years,i still would be drinkin with him but ive packed pubs in,and every job I do for him he will pay 1-2 months late,I don't rise to it and I don't get angry,I just price every job over the top,add a ton here and add a ton there,apart from my MATES I've had no probs so far with paying. I shouldn't of said:suspicious:

We insure our invoices against companies going broke, costs a bit but we a have a few reasonable sized jobs and could nt afford the loss.

Dun and Bradstreet is the other way, nasty bunch but they always get the money back for you, for a percentage of the debt.

Which is generally the cheapest option and who pays out quickest?

One of our competitors were still offering ROK £5.5m as late as the first week in October, however we have been offering them £0 for over a year now.

We also have a facility that will let subscribers share their trading experiences with other members of the Riskdisk community. There was several posts made before they went into administration mentioning that they were a bad debtor and that threats of court had been made on more than one occasion.

If anybody's credit reference provider was still giving them credit then please take a look at what we have to offer.

we have a company we do work for and if you did a check on them, you would not go any where near them, they have gone under twice, but they are 1 of the best payers i know. each time they when under was for tax or vat. so i am half dozon of one and 6 of the other with this

That's kind of the problem b-safe, some people run their business into the ground and don't care about the credit score just rape it for all it's worth. For me, the trick is reading between the lines and you know what they say about forewarned.

Top Bottom